Herewith the RSA Budget 2021 Highlights in PDF form as provided by the National Treasury for your convenience. The main points are:
- Budget deficit revised to 14 per cent of GDP in 2020/21 in response to the spending and economic pressures of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Gross debt has increased from 65.6 per cent to 80.3 per cent of GDP for 2020/21.
- The 2021 Budget proposes measures to narrow the central budget primary deficit from 7.5 per cent of GDP in the current year to 0.8 per cent in 2023/24.
- The proposed fiscal framework will stabilise the debt at 88.9 per cent of GDP in 2025/26.
- The government will roll out a free mass COVID-19 vaccination campaign for which R9 billion were allocated in the medium term.
- Debt-service costs over the medium term are expected to average 20.9 per cent of gross tax.